Beets may just be an unattractive root on the outside, but they are full of benefits for those who eat them regularly. Here are some of those perks:
- Helps with anemia- Doctors often recommend beets as part of the daily diet for patients with low iron.
- Contains lots of minerals- This vegetable is rich in several minerals including magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron, and sulfur.
- Better absorption of calcium- Beets assist with calcium absorption in the body, which helps maintain healthy bones, skin, hair, and nails.
- Cleanses the body- Raw or unprocessed beets contain the detoxifying ingredient betaine. This ingredient aids the liver and regulates the secretion of bile.
- Fights against diseases and tumors- The red pigment in beets, anthocyanins, helps to fight against various diseases and reduces tumor cells. This vegetable also contributes to the recovery of blood and aids in the treatment of leukemia. In addition, it has also been shown to lower blood pressure when consumed on a regular basis.
Just beet these conditions by adding this vegetable to your daily diet!